Tips for a Stress-Free Relocation
We all know how stressful moving house can be, especially when relocating a large family home, and if you are looking to move sometime in the near future, your thoughts will turn to the move, and with that in mind, here are a few tips from the pros to make the move a smooth and uneventful experience.
- Packing – Use a system such as code numbers to write on the sides of packing boxes. Don’t make the mistake of writing the contents on the top of the box, as when you stack, you will have to unstack to read the tags. Write the contents on all four sides, that way, you will always be able to read it. Colour labels are perfect, one colour for each room. If you use a good removal company, you won’t have to concern yourself with the packing, as industry professionals will ensure that everything is packed and labelled, ready to be transported.
- Choosing the Removalist – If you choose a local company like Pro Removals in Sydney, you can rest assured that you can focus on other aspects of the move, knowing they have you covered. Avoid one man shows, as an illness or truck breakdown could jeopardise the move, while an established company would have the resources to ensure the operation goes ahead as planned.
- Create a Checklist – Take your time with this, as there will be many things to arrange – the utilities at both properties, subscriptions that require a change of address and the domestic services you normally use, they would need to be informed that you no longer require their services, or a change of address if you plan to keep using them. The power and water need to be turned on at the new dwelling, as do the telephone and Internet, which you can arrange over the phone, plus you might want to arrange a house cleaning company to go in a few days before the move, then you can arrive to a spotlessly clean home.
- Confirm your Dates with the Removalist – It has been known for there to be a miscommunication and the removal team don’t show up on the date, as the customer did not confirm, so do send them an email a few days prior to the move date, as a reminder.
- Arrange a Day Out for the Kids – If you have relatives who are able to take your kids for the day, this would be invaluable, and pets need to be given special consideration. Dogs are often disorientated when arriving at a new home and can easily run off and get lost. Cats are not so liable to run off, but any pet should be kept in for a while, and let them explore the house, which is perfectly natural.
Your choice of removal company is the key to a smooth move, and with all of the above in mind, you can look forward to your new home and the next chapter of your life. Google can help you with your search for a good removal contractor, and once that is booked, you can relax.