Are you wondering what is the best way to guard your business against all kinds of thefts? As a business, here are few steps which I believe can help you protect your assets and minimize the opportunity for someone to conduct theft at your business premises, internally or externally.
To secure your business premises, it is important to formulate a plan to protect your business.
Wondering what is the best theft prevention plan to help you assess the potential risk and mitigate them.
Here let us help you out.
Threats exist in two forms, internal threats & external threats.
External threats often take place when someone tries to break into your premises from outside.
External threats can be running fraudulent products, shoplifting or break-ins. You may wonder what is the best course of action you can take to ensure your premises remain safe from all kinds of external threats.
Here are some preventive measures which you can take to minimize external theft.
- Start with offering the best customer service. When you’re attentive, chances of shoplifting minimizes.
- Make sure you choose to place your cashier in a space from where you can see every corner.
- Install security mirrors, video surveillance cameras, hire a guard and keep track of everything in the store.
- Keep check of your inventories, keep security of your safe in mind, keep investigating any discrepancy.
- Install a high-powered security system with security alarms.
- Stay vigilant and keep an eye-out for any kind of suspicious activity or person keeping an eye out.
Internal threats take place when the threat lies on the inside where danger lies within the premises.
Internal thefts can include employee fraud, employee shoplifting or embezzlement. When you employ a person, you can’t be sure whether they can be trusted or not so it’s always best to take precautions.
Here are some preventive measures which you can take to minimize the occurrence of internal theft.
- Before hiring an employee, check references. Do a criminal record background check.
- If an employee deals with cash, keep track of bookkeeping yourself or hire someone to do it for you.
- Distribute employee responsibilities. Someone who handles cash, shouldn’t be keeping the books.
- Every employee should be responsible.
- When communicating responsibilities, make sure you communicate them effectively.
- Establish a policy where if someone found involved in theft will be handled severely by the authorities.
- In case, an issue arrives, make sure to be proactive to resolve it quickly.
Incidents can often take place unannounced. But the best you can do is stay prepared and ahead of the curve. When deploying the best security practices, some of the ways that you can ensure maximum safety is by installing the latest access control systems at your workplace. To do so, you can always hire a locksmith service in Atlanta to help you install one. A solid access control system is well integrated with alarm systems so in case, if somebody does try to break-in during the closed hours, it can trigger the alarm and inform others in the vicinity.
If there’s one thing for sure, threats can take place just about anytime. All you can do is stay prepared and top of things so they don’t impact your business directly.
Here, we have discussed a few essential tips on how to protect your business from theft.
Until next time.