If you are a connoisseur of the green stuff, then you need to know how to roll it. Well, at least you should know how to. But whether or not you can roll a good joint is going to come down to the rolling papers you are using. There are so many different options on the market that knowing which one is best for rolling – and which one will give you the most enjoyable smoking session – means doing a little research. Hey, perhaps that is why you are here.
So, what is considered the best rolling paper for cannabis? You may be surprised.
Choosing the Right Rolling Paper for You
Certain rolling papers are easy to roll – anyone can use them. But that doesn’t mean they give you the right smoke. There are other types that are a little more tricky to use and finagle, but with patience and practice, you may find that you enjoy the smoking experience with it much better.
Smoking is not a one-size-fits-all experience. You have to decide on a few things:
- How much time and effort you want to put into rolling.
- The size of the joint you want to roll.
- Whether you want a joint or a cone.
- Just how agile your fingers are.
And, once you decide on these, you can move on to determining the type of rolling paper.
What’s In a Good Rolling Paper?
Rolling paper is made of all different kinds of materials – both today and over the years. And each material gives you a slightly different experience.
- Wood Pulp. Using wood pulp to roll joints has been around for a long time. They are accessible and easy to roll. They are one of the most standard rolling papers.
- Rice Paper. Like wood pulp’s history, rice paper has been around for centuries and is still around today. It is super thin and often recognized as one of the safer options to smoke. However, it is difficult to roll.
- Hemp Paper. This is perhaps one of the safest options when it comes to rolling papers. It’s natural, high-functioning, healthy, and beneficial to the entire hemp community. They have no dyes or additives, either. They aren’t as hard to roll as rice paper, but they are more challenging than your average paper.
It is important to note that there are also harmful things that you may want to look for – and avoid – when searching for the best rolling paper for your cannabis. For instance, some have been found to contain heavy metal contamination including cadmium, mercury, arsenic, lead, as well as pesticides. Bleached rolling papers have been treated with chlorine.
In other words, know what you are smoking because when you light it up, you are smoking more than just the weed inside. Look for papers that are all-natural, unrefined, and 100% GMO-free. And if organic is available, it should be your ideal choice. This is what to look for when deciding on the best rolling papers for cannabis. It should be easy for you to roll and not full of anything harmful. You may need to experiment to find what works best.
What About Pre-Rolled Cones?
More and more people are giving up rolling paper and turning to pre-rolled cones. Smokers who have been rolling for years are finding that these cones give them time back and ease of use that they didn’t know they were missing.
Perhaps the best rolling paper for cannabis isn’t rolling paper at all, but rather a pre-rolled cone. You simply fill it, twist the end, and light it. And you will never have to roll it.